Healthcare professional-facing serious game:
RAISING RARE DISEASE AWARENESS
Theory-driven and evidence-based serious game, offering a safe and interactive virtual setting, where clinicians can engage in on-demand, experiential learning to diagnose rare hematological diseases quicker.
To increase awareness of rare hematological diseases among healthcare professionals (ER physicians), we created a serious game where they learn to correctly diagnose said diseases and save patient lives. This serious game was developed in cooperation with a top 10 pharma company and key opinion leaders (KOLs) in the field. From the development of scientific foundations to the delivery of the final game, development took 1,5 year (including 7+ feedback rounds with the client, KOLs and a validation round with end-users).
Increase awareness of rare hematological diseases
The objective of this serious game is to increase ER physicians:
- Familiarity with rare hematological diseases.
- Knowledge of key differentiating symptoms in said diseases.
- Confidence in diagnosing & referring said diseases.
Co-creation with kols
The approach taken to develop this digital health tool, is:
- Co-create a theory-driven, evidence-based serious game with leading clinical experts. Co-creation in multistakeholder projects leads to effective addressing of barriers & drivers in the target public.
- Focus on experiential & game-based learning. Capture physician’s experience in virtual ER world.
- Balance challenge (time pressure, # pts) with perceived success.
- Positive qualitative KOL Feedback.
- Objective already achieved in positive initial validation results (n = 25 ER physicians and specialists):
- Likely to recommend to colleagues: 9/10 (mean)
- 96% improved knowledge
- 16% substantially improved